The hottest event on the social calendar - come find out what everyone’s talking about!
A visit to the California Academy of Sciences doesn't have to end just because the sun goes down…it’s when the real fun begins!
Here’s your opportunity to experience a whole new side of the Academy at NightLife, every Thursday night from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. See it transform into a lively venue filled with music & mingling, provocative science, special activities and cocktails to create a uniquely sophisticated evening for visitors ages 21 and over.
Groove to San Francisco's hippest DJ's and performers, explore all of the Academy's exhibits and shows, meet locals and visitors from around the world all while sipping your favorite cocktail. Food and cocktails are available for purchase throughout NightLife – cash bars only.
• NightLife operates from 6:00pm to 10:00pm every Thursday evening.
• Last entry 9:00pm
• Minimum Age 21+
• Valid picture ID required (customers ID will be checked to gain entry into NightLife, no exceptions)
• Main floor activities, DJs and performers change from week to week
• Please Note – outside beverages are not allowed into the museum during NightLife.
• The Rainforest of the World exhibit is only open until 8 pm. The animals need the cycle of day and night to mimic their natural environment to stay healthy.
• Parking can be very difficult on busy days. We strongly encourage public transportation or drop-off. Please allow plenty of extra time for traffic, parking, and arrival.
August 1 "Power in Numbers NightLife"
Be a citizen scientist for a night (there’s an app for that!), and learn all about large-scale and local projects that depend on data collected by everyday folks, kicking off the Commonwealth Club's month of "Doing Right by Nature" programs. Music by DJs Aaron Pope and Mancub.
August 8 "Outside Lands NightLife"
The Growlers take the stage to unleash their “beach goth” sound. Prepare yourself for a psychedelic circus of surf, sex, hobo trance, and boom boom twang. Opening band Houndmouth, whose debut album From the Hills Below the City just dropped in June, is fresh off the sets of Conan and The Late Show with David Letterman.