The hottest event on the social calendar - come find out what everyone’s talking about!
A visit to the California Academy of Sciences doesn't have to end just because the sun goes down…it’s when the real fun begins!
Here’s your opportunity to experience a whole new side of the Academy at NightLife, every Thursday night from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. See it transform into a lively venue filled with music & mingling, provocative science, special activities and cocktails to create a uniquely sophisticated evening for visitors ages 21 and over.
Groove to San Francisco's hippest DJ's and performers, explore all of the Academy's exhibits and shows, meet locals and visitors from around the world all while sipping your favorite cocktail. Food and cocktails are available for purchase throughout NightLife – cash bars only.
• NightLife operates from 6:00pm to 10:00pm every Thursday evening.
• Last entry 9:00pm
• Minimum Age 21+
• Valid picture ID required (customers ID will be checked to gain entry into NightLife, no exceptions)
• Main floor activities, DJs and performers change from week to week
• Please Note – outside beverages are not allowed into the museum during NightLife.
• The Rainforest of the World exhibit is only open until 8 pm. The animals need the cycle of day and night to mimic their natural environment to stay healthy.
• Parking can be very difficult on busy days. We strongly encourage public transportation or drop-off. Please allow plenty of extra time for traffic, parking, and arrival.
Upcoming Nightlife Events
May 9 "Feel the Music NightLife"
This week explore how music affects your emotions with live performances and interactive stations throughout the museum presented by swissnex SF. Music by Slayers Club.
May 16 "Built for Speed NightLife"
This week check out the Academy’s new exhibit “Built for Speed” and find out what it takes for animals and boats to be fast in fluid. Music by Red Bull DJs J.Espinosa, Shortkut and King Most.
Featured Cocktail of the Week:
Zen Mule featuring Skyy vodka, Mixi's live ginger beer, Zen green tea, cucumber and Clandestine absinthe