NightLife at California Academy of Science
The hottest event on the social calendar - come find out what everyone’s talking about!
A visit to the California Academy of Sciences doesn't have to end just because the sun goes down…it’s when the real fun begins!
Here’s your opportunity to experience a whole new side of the Academy at NightLife, every Thursday night from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. See it transform into a lively venue filled with music & mingling, provocative science, special activities and cocktails to create a uniquely sophisticated evening for visitors ages 21 and over.
Groove to San Francisco's hippest DJ's and performers, explore all of the Academy's exhibits and shows, meet locals and visitors from around the world all while sipping your favorite cocktail. Food and cocktails are available for purchase throughout NightLife – cash bars only.
• NightLife operates from 6:00pm to 10:00pm every Thursday evening.
• Last entry 9:00pm
• Minimum Age 21+
• Valid picture ID required (customers ID will be checked to gain entry into NightLife, no exceptions)
• Main floor activities, DJs and performers change from week to week
• Please Note – outside beverages are not allowed into the museum during NightLife.
• The Rainforest of the World exhibit is only open until 8 pm. The animals need the cycle of day and night to mimic their natural environment to stay healthy.
• Parking can be very difficult on busy days. We strongly encourage public transportation or drop-off. Please allow plenty of extra time for traffic, parking, and arrival.
April 10th "Cosmic Nightlife"
To Infinity and Beyond!
NightLife opens its doors and minds to the next frontier in planetary exploration to honor the 53rd anniversary of the first man in space Yuri Gagarin. Meet and mingle with astrophysicists, asteroid hunters from B612 Foundation, and scientists from NASA and Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory. Plus, jump aboard the USS Loma Prieta for a live spaceship simulation and rock out to Bowie covers with a live music performance.
April 17th "Dance Party Nightlife"
Shake, shimmy, twist and twerk..
Join us tonight for NightLife’s first ever museum-wide dance party. Whether you’ve got two left feet or can cut a rug with the best of them, NightLife invites you to try out popular dance styles from around the world.
April 24th Big Bang Party After Dark
In lieu of NightLife this week, join us for the Academy's annual fundraiser event & biggest party of the year!
Party After Dark spills across the Academy’s multiple indoor and outdoor venues and will feature a live DJ set by indie-rockers of Ra Ra Riot and Youngblood Hawke, photo booths, complimentary bites and open bars, light projections, gourmet food trucks and a Silent Disco.