Guided Bike Tour
Our knowledgeable guides will share the diverse history of the area with you as you pedal along the scenic National Park Bike Path to Sausalito. If you need more adventure at the end of the guided portion of the tour, you are welcome to keep your bike absolutely FREE! Just return on your own by the end of the day to Hyde Street where you started from.
This tour includes:
1. Tour starts at 10am in Aquatic Park at our 2715 Hyde St. Location.
2. Visit Fort Mason with its beautiful vistas of Alcatraz into the Marina
3. Pass by the Palace of Fine Arts.
4. Enter the Presidio National Park and continue along the Golden Gate Promenade to the Warming Hut bookstore/café for a break and the best place to take in the expanse of the Golden Gate Bridge.
5. A quick stop at Fort Point to check out the surfers and then ascend to the Vision Plaque to learn about the amazing concepts and visionaries behind the construction of this majestic landmark.
6. Now it is time to BIKE THE BRIDGE! 1.7 miles of biking bliss to Vista Point where you can look behind you and view your great biking achievement.
7. From Vista Point it's downhill to beautiful Sausalito famous for its eclectic shops, art galleries, great restaurants, and funky houseboat community.
8. The guided portion of the tour ends here, but your adventure doesn't have to. You may return on the ferry with your guide or decide to keep your bike and continue on your own using our custom-designed bike route map. Explore Sausalito and beyond and return to San Francisco only when you are ready! For those riders continuing on their own, our guide will provide information and directions before you leave for your extended adventure.
Follow the bike path along Richardson Bay and check out the floating homes of Sausalito's houseboat community and take the easy side trip to Old Mill Park in Mill Valley.
Visit some of the world's tallest trees, the Redwoods, at the foot of Mt. Tamalpais for the ultimate tree hugging experience. When you're ready to let go of the trees, hop on your bike and continue on the Bay Trail along the peninsula to the charming seaside town of Tiburon. Here you can dine in one of the fine restaurants with spectacular views.
When you're ready to call it a day, return on the Tiburon ferry and as you're cruising back, scan the horizon to reflect on the incredible journey you have just experienced.
Guided tours depart daily from 2715 Hyde Street and Beach Streets near the Powell/Hyde Cable Car Turnaround. The guided tour begins at 10 AM and is approximately 3 hours including the ferry ride back.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in, get fitted for your bike and helmet and for the safety orientation.